So, it’s been a year since my oldest daughter ET got married.
Click for more information on that: (https://christinakosatka.wordpress.com/2019/12/19/so-now-im-a-mother-in-law/)
She and her husband decided to go on a tip for their anniversary, and she asked me to come and babysit her kitten, Jellybean.
She’s six months old and pretty cute.
I figured this sounded like a pretty easy gig: I sit around the apartment for a few days, read and watch TV, and feed the cat occasionally.
But then I arrived and saw the LIST of instructions she had left about caring for the kitten.
It was a full page long. No lie.
Anyways, Jellybean was perfectly fine when ET came back. But then after I got home, I received a phone call.
- ET: Mom, on the list I specifically said not to let Jellybean mess with the Christmas tree.
- Me: Yeah…
- ET: So, I can see that she made a NEST in the tree where she’s been sitting.
- Me: But she LIKES the tree.
- ET: It was on the LIST, Mom.
- Me: She just kept going in there. And I didn’t want to spray her with the water.
- ET: Mom. Seriously?
But hey, the cat was alive when she came back, right? And when I babysit, it’s Grandma Rules!