A Lesson in Safety

I was preheating the oven in the new house for the first time. When I opened it, I noticed something sort of puddled in the bottom.

Was it water? I took a paper napkin and dabbed at the spot. 

Yes, that’s right. I used a paper napkin in a four hundred degree oven.

I never said I was the smartest girl on earth.

Well, the napkin caught fire. Unsurprisingly, I suppose.

I threw it into the nearby sink, where it continued to burn until I had completely doused it with the faucet.

At what point do they take away your license to be an adult? I may get there soon.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: