What happened during my post-Thanksgiving nap

Photo_5CADF332-B50B-08B3-824E-053B3422BA2F

After cooking and cleaning up after our grand Thanksgiving feast (turkey plus FIVE kinds of starch), I took a nap.

When I woke up, my husband was calling poison control.

I guess the twins hadn’t had enough to eat and decided to drink their older sisters’ perfume.

I wouldn’t have been too worried (After all, how much could they have drunk? Wouldn’t it taste terrible?) except it worried me to see my husband worried.

If he thought it was bad enough to freak out and call poison control, then maybe it really was bad.

Photo_A2B293B1-6FDD-EE70-8477-45F9A6AD9D72

And the perfume bottles in question were empty…

I couldn’t believe they could have actually drunk perfume! Even the lady at poison control  said, “Usually five-year-olds know better.”

They, of course, simply blamed each other. “She made me do it!” “He made me do it!”

Fortunately it turned out they were fine; they’d only had a tiny sip each.

And when I went into their room, my nose found out where the rest of the perfume had gone.

That carpet still reeks…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: